Our bestselling Bull-it jeans, perfect for day tripping and touring when you need comfort on/off the bike and the confidence of water resistance.
Our advice: pick a size lower than you would be in 'normal' trousers as these are larger than expected.
- Please see Covec description for more of 'the science'
- 60% internal cover of Covec impact abrasion resistance layer
- Tested to 6.26 seconds Impact Abrasion Resistance on EN13595-1
- Micro climate inside - 1mm of airflow using Covec structure and cool mesh liner, keeps you warm when it's cold and cool on the warmer days
- Covec thermal barrier inside - prevents heat transfer from road friction
- Knee & Hip armour pockets (sold seperately)
- 12oz black denim, 100% cotton outer
- Traditional 5 pocket design
- Water repellant finish
What is Covec?
Covec™ SR4 and SR6 is developed by a UK company and offers certain advantages over more traditional materials like Aramids (Kevlar) and UHMWPE’s and a lot of advantages over Polyamide yarns (like Nylon) and Polyesters yarns. In a nutshell:
1. High abrasion resistance - tests show a single layer of leather tested to CE Level 1 passes at 4.74 seconds compared to 5.21 seconds (SR4) and 6.26 seconds (SR6). These are valuable seconds you’ll need if you take a tumble.
2. High cut resistance ( 3 x that of Aramids such as Kevlar)
3. Low thermal conductivity - won’t burn you like Polyethylene’s like Dyneema may.
4. Does not degrade with washing and wearing as with most Aramids
5. High burst strength with triple stitching tested to 955 kPa.
6. Micro Climate Inside - keeping your body at a controlled temperature
7. Breathable - the knitted structure allows for good air circulation
8. Lightweight - 5 x stronger than steel for the same weight!
See here for further details: http://www.bull-it.com/technical-testing/covec/
A British company, the chaps at Bull-it ride, they raced, they love bikes. They work with BSB teams, Speedway riders as well as the UK Fire department, specialising in protective, hard-wearing, technical clothing made from specially-designed protective fabrics such as Covec.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed