Alpinestars SR-3 Drystar/Thinsulate
A waterproof glove incorporating Alpinestars DRYSTAR membrane the SR-3 features a Thinsulate thermal lining, making it functional and comfortable in any weather condition. A wide Velcro gauntlet-style wrist closes over the jacket to form an effective barrier against the elements.
- Durable and flexible poly-fabric and synthetic leather chassis for optimized levels of comfort and performance.
- Alpinestars' waterproof DRYSTAR membrane keeps your hands comfortable and dry in the harshest conditions.
- Integrated Thinsulate thermal insulation (100g) on the top hand for protection against the elements.
- Rubber thumb and palm reinforcement gives extra grip on the controls while offering great seam reinforcement and durability.
- EVA padding reinforcements on knuckle, outer hand and palm provides strategic abrasion resistance and improved fit.
- Pre-curved finger construction and thumb gusset for a comfortable grip.
- Long glove gauntlet with wide Velcro cuff closure for easy entry and extend coverage.
In 1963, a leather craftsman by the name of Sante Mazzarolo brought forth a future icon. Based in the small Northern Italy town of Asolo and with the perennial Alpine star flower as it's namesake, Mr. Mazzarolo began producing the first products bearing the Alpinestars moniker.
At that time a new sport called motocross was establishing itself and becoming quite popular across Europe. Very much aware of the sport, Sante realized an opportunity to apply his talents and technical acumen to design a new type of footwear that would meet the protective needs and demands of this beautiful yet brutal form of athleticism. The revolutionary boot that Mr. Mazzarolo produced would become an archetype for motocross protection.
Alpinestars have outfitted countless world champions of the motorcycle world both past and present and produce one of the highest levels of performance and protective footwear and apparel. To this day, Alpinestars legacy of motorcycle racing and it’s roots in Italian artistry are stitched into every garment.