Bull-it SR6 Vintage
Offering a little more durability and protection than the basic SR4's, these are an incredibly high quality jean that you can feel confident in both cosmetically and from a safety perspective. Most importantly, benefitting from 6 seconds of impact resistance in the event of a topple.
- 12 oz blue stretch blue denim with a faded wash, 98% cotton outer 2% stretch.
- Traditional 5 pocket design.
- Black leather belt patch with embroidered Bull-it logo.
- Covec sew in label in rear right hand pocket
- Brushed metal matt finish button and front pocket rivets.
- Genuine YKK locking front zipper.
- Inside waistband layer with Bull-it branded printing.
- UV laminate protector inside.
- Micro climate inside – 1mm of airflow using Covec structure and cool mesh liner, keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool in the summer.
- Covec thermal barrier inside – prevents heat transfer from road friction.
- 60% internal cover of Covec impact abrasion prevention layer.
- Knee & Hip armour pockets for optional CE 1621 approved protectors.
- Water repellent finish.
Available in Sizes 4-18, 29" (Short), 31" (Regular), 33" (Long) & 35" (Extra Long) Inside Leg. Long & Extra Long not available in Size 4.
Please note Armour is not provided with these jeans but can be added for £22.50 for a pair of knee or hip armour.
What is Covec?
Covec™ SR4 and SR6 is developed by a UK company and offers certain advantages over more traditional materials like Aramids (Kevlar) and UHMWPE’s and a lot of advantages over Polyamide yarns (like Nylon) and Polyesters yarns. In a nutshell:
1. High abrasion resistance - tests show a single layer of leather tested to CE Level 1 passes at 4.74 seconds compared to 5.21 seconds (SR4) and 6.26 seconds (SR6). These are valuable seconds you’ll need if you take a tumble.
2. High cut resistance ( 3 x that of Aramids such as Kevlar)
3. Low thermal conductivity - won’t burn you like Polyethylene’s like Dyneema may.
4. Does not degrade with washing and wearing as with most Aramids
5. High burst strength with triple stitching tested to 955 kPa.
6. Micro Climate Inside - keeping your body at a controlled temperature
7. Breathable - the knitted structure allows for good air circulation
8. Lightweight - 5 x stronger than steel for the same weight!
See here for further details: http://www.bull-it.com/technical-testing/covec/
A British company, the chaps at Bull-it ride, they raced, they love bikes. They work with BSB teams, Speedway riders as well as the UK Fire department, specialising in protective, hard-wearing, technical clothing made from specially-designed protective fabrics such as Covec.