Bull-it Roadster - 2XL (UK 20)
A fully armoured jacket, perfect for on and off the bike as appears to be a casual jacket though meets all CE safety standards. Quite unusual to find a jacket like this so we had to offer it to you! Most importantly, benefitting from 6 seconds of impact resistance in the event of a topple.
Our advice: consider adding a CE-approved Back Protector to this jacket - click here.
- 12.5 oz denim, 100% cotton outer.
- Multiple outer and inner pockets, outer pockets with zip closures.
- Bull-it Bronze and Silver embroidered sleeve logo.
- Detachable grey cotton hood.
- Connectable belt hoops inside to connect to your jeans belt.
- Main seams use triple stitched construction.
- Genuine YKK zippers.
- UV laminate protector inside.
- Micro climate inside – 1mm of airflow using Covec structure and cool mesh liner, keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool in the summer.
- Covec thermal barrier inside – prevents heat transfer from road friction.
- 60% internal cover of Covec impact abrasion prevention layer feature areas include CE impact zones 1&2.
- CE 1621 approved protectors in the shoulders and elbows.
- Water repellent finish
Please note the sizing is converted from US to UK and may not be exact. Please contact us if you'd like us to double check you're ordering the right size for you.
What is Covec?
Covec™ SR4 and SR6 is developed by a UK company and offers certain advantages over more traditional materials like Aramids (Kevlar) and UHMWPE’s and a lot of advantages over Polyamide yarns (like Nylon) and Polyesters yarns. In a nutshell:
- High abrasion resistance - tests show a single layer of leather tested to CE Level 1 passes at 4.74 seconds compared to 5.21 seconds (SR4) and 6.26 seconds (SR6). These are valuable seconds you’ll need if you take a tumble.
- High cut resistance ( 3 x that of Aramids such as Kevlar)
- Low thermal conductivity - won’t burn you like Polyethylene’s like Dyneema may.
- Does not degrade with washing and wearing as with most Aramids
- High burst strength with triple stitching tested to 955 kPa.
- Micro Climate Inside - keeping your body at a controlled temperature
- Breathable - the knitted structure allows for good air circulation
- Lightweight - 5 x stronger than steel for the same weight!
See here for further details: http://www.bull-it.com/technical-testing/covec/
A British company, the chaps at Bull-it ride, they raced, they love bikes. They work with BSB teams, Speedway riders as well as the UK Fire department, specialising in protective, hard-wearing, technical clothing made from specially-designed protective fabrics such as Covec.